Sunday, January 4, 2009

Rosary Bracelets

A client recently asked me to fix a mini rosary that her aunt had brought her back from the Vatican. A little hesitant to mess with what I believe are mystical forces, I asked what was wrong with it before I committed myself. "Well, nothing really," she admitted. "I just really like it and I thought you could fix it so I could wear it as a bracelet."

Hmmmm ...

With an apologetic glance Heaven-ward, I agreed to take a look at it. It really was quite beautiful. The beads were made from crushed rose petals; when you opened the pouch, the fragrance was very pleasing and peaceful.

I measured her wrist and took it home to work on.

I'm telling you, I cringed the entire time, just waiting for the proverbial lightening bolt to come crashing through the kitchen window and strike me down at the table where I worked. I really felt uneasy the entire time. "This can't be right," I kept muttering to myself. "Somebody's going to be angry."

Not my client, though. She, in fact, was quite ecstatic. So much so, that she ordered one for her daughter for her Confirmation.

Which got me thinking. So I started making rosary bracelets. Which, as I mentioned in my previous blog, I'll market to Funeral Homes. It's a small memorial to remind one of a beloved relative or friend. It can be worn as a bracelet or hung where it will be regularly viewed (perhaps on a bedside lamp, rear view mirror or doorknob).



1 comment:

  1. love the rear view mirrow idea I think I'll put mine there...

    ReplyDelete