Thursday, April 28, 2011

Vendor Sale at Work



As many of you know, I'm a legal secretary by day, a writer and crafter by night. This week is Administrative Assistant's Week or whatever the politically correct term is now. I have no problem being called a secretary.

My office held a Vendor's Fair yesterday. Anyone who wanted to sell wares (or knew someone who did) was welcome to set up a table. No charge.

The sale was from noon until two o'clock, ensuring that everyone had a chance to browse during their lunch hour.

I brought my entire stash from home. All my placemats, all my totes (I'd made four the night before, staying up well past my bedtime), all my bookmarks. The only thing I left at home were the few table runners I have. The main reason for leaving them behind was space. I couldn't fit them in the one bag I was taking with me. Not to mention that fabric is REALLY heavy.

I must admit, I didn't expect to sell much at this sale. A couple of Tooth Fairy Pillows. Perhaps a set of placemats. Definitely a tote bag.

I couldn't be more wrong. I sold almost everything I have!

Now, you might think this is a good thing. It is, don't get me wrong. I'm normally a Glass-Half-Full kinda girl, but this is a Glass-Half-Empty deal.

Why?

I have a craft show next Saturday. Anna, who organizes the Hungarian Craft Show, called me up a couple of weeks ago to say that a friend of hers was looking for vendors and was I interested. "Shandell is coming," she said. Well, how could I say no?

So now I have this craft show next week and I have no inventory. What was I thinking???

Guess what I'm doing this weekend?



No comments:

Post a Comment