Sunday, December 2, 2012

Bookmarks for Breakfast


Some of you may know that I wear many hats. I have an understated legal assistant fedora for my (paying) day-time job, a very large flamboyant hat for Urban Contessa and, of course, a jaunty beret for writing.

I am a member of the Writer's Community of Durham Region. As I mentioned in my previous post, I agreed to sell my bookmarks at our next breakfast meeting. That would be next Saturday.

It's been stupid busy at my office lately and I'm working fourteen-hour days. I leave home before seven and I don't get home until after nine. Needless to say, I don't have a lot of time to make bookmarks. And yet, somehow, I always mange to make it work.

So, let's get to started.


I gathered the few bookmarks I had already cut out. To the right is a pile of 'scrap' fabric from tote bags and placemats.  As always, I have my self-healing cutting board, ruler and cutter.


Several hours later, I have a very large pile of cut bookmarks and a very small pile of waste.

That's a 14 1/2 " pile of bookmarks!


Now, I have to find the time to sew them all.

The game plan is to dedicate two hours every night to sewing. No matter how late I work. And despite how insane that sounds, I'm actually having a great time. I mean, who wouldn't? I'm sewing, I'm blogging and I'm making money.

It doesn't get much better than this, my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment